The world of healthcare information technology is changing as the world moves towards electronic medical records and a digital age in healthcare.
Personal mobile devices are becoming a fixture in healthcare as 85% of hospital IT departments allow doctors and staff to use personal devices at work, according to a new survey of digital trends in healthcare.
Automated practice management, electronic health records (EHR), electronic medical records (EMR), computerized physician entry (CPE) and peer intelligence are just some of the emerging concepts and capabilities in healthcare.
79 Percent of Doctors Prefer the iPad
Research also shows that 59% of doctors that own an iPad plan to use it for electronic medical records and other medical purposes. Doctors use iPads to view medical images, access electronic medical records and monitor health conditions remotely. Doctors and patients can hold video consultations using the FaceTime application on the device. Medical universities are also recognizing the importance of iPads in the classroom and also the clinical setting.
Why the Increased IT Demand within Healthcare?
Medical providers and healthcare systems are facing increasing pressure to find solutions to the following healthcare industry challenges:
- Regulatory Pressures and Requirements
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Global/National Health Expenditures
- Length of Hospital Stays
- Aging Populations Growth
- Frequency of Medical Errors
- Patient Care and Outcomes
- Electronic Medical Records
- Collaboration Among Providers and Patients
- Treatment Plan Monitoring and Compliance
- Prevention of Costly Security Breaches
Choosing an Adaptable, Enterprise Solution for Mobile Data Collection
Mobile devices tantalize us with the promise of enterprise data at our fingertips no matter where we are. The productivity and efficiency gains garnered by the effective use of mobile devices are unarguable. But what will it take to move to a mobile solution? What mobile device should you choose? Does your current staff have the skill sets to manage a mobile solution? How will it integrate with your existing systems? How can you make sure you’ll really see a return on your investment?
COMMAND Mobile offers an out-of-the-box solution to the challenges of mobile data collection in the digital age of healthcare, with the following benefits:
- Increases Productivity – allows healthcare workers to be mobile while providing secure, real-time access to centralized back-end data records
- Eliminates Redundancy – patient data is entered once and transmit it to everyone who needs it in minutes
- Improves Workforce Management – physicians and office managers can direct tasks to staff based on their locations, using the GPS tracking and mapping feature
- Reduces Implementation Time – with our easy to use form generator, data collection forms can be created on the fly to accommodate the data requirements of any application, for any industry
Do you want to see COMMANDmobile in action? Request a Demo Account…