Workforce management is evolving as workers are changing the way they communicate with their co-workers and expressing their workplace expectations and needs.
With the rise of mobile computing that offers both connectivity and apps tailored to meet workplace needs, using a mobile workforce is a popular trend at many businesses. Teleworking via mobile computing such as smartphones and tablet computers is now a viable work option. Mobile computing and teleworking are particularly popular among small- and medium-sized businesses that may not have the office space to accommodate employees physically. An April 2013 survey by US-based global research and advisory firm Forrester Research, for example, found that 48% of the workers in 17 countries used a smartphone weekly and 21% used a tablet computer weekly.
The popularity of teleworking offers many advantages for both employees and employers. Employees have the flexibility to work in virtually any Wi-Fi equipped location and can adjust their schedules for a more effective work/life balance. For employers using a largely mobile workforce, the advantages include:
1) Lower employee absenteeism and turnover – With the convenience of working from home or other locations, company morale increases, employee “no-shows” are less frequent, and employees experience higher job satisfaction, with a willingness to remain with the company for longer periods of time.
2) Improved cost savings – Employers save money through a reduced need to buy office furniture, equipment and other office supplies that employees would have in a typical work environment. Utility bills for the business are also reduced.
3) Increased productivity – By using mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as a flexible schedule, employees can accomplish more job-related tasks with greater ease.
4) Greater customer satisfaction — Because employees are easy to contact through their mobile devices, they are able to resolve customer problems more quickly, resulting in greater customer satisfaction with the company.
5) Fewer office facilities needed – Companies that have a mobile workforce avoid the need for expensive office facilities to serve as their headquarters, which is especially helpful for startup companies with limited budgets.
For businesses with a mobile workforce, COMMANDmobile® provides a robust and scalable workforce management solution. It offers:
1) Versatility – COMMANDmobile can be used for multiple jobs such as onsite inspections, mobile surveys, inventory management and field service calls.
2) Customization – COMMANDmobile is adaptable for the needs of businesses, government agencies and other organizations.
3) Improved data analysis – COMMANDmobile helps companies to analyze big data more accurately in real time.
4) Geotagging capabilities – COMMANDmobile has a geo-location mapping feature to enable management to track employee job performance easily.
5) Security – Several security features are built into COMMANDmobile to protect data integrity.
For more information about the features of COMMANDmobile, request a demo account or watch our product information video.
Related workforce management links